Canon Printer Setup – Ultimate Solution Center
Do you want to know how to set up your Canon printer and fix its problems? If so, you have reached the right place. We assist you in setting up your printer and troubleshooting the printer problems. Solve the issues and take printing to the next level using our Canon printer support.
PRINTER SETUP SUPPORT
Are you looking for the steps to set up your Canon printer? Don’t worry about that; you are in the right spot! Keep reading to know how to set up and use your Canon printer.
To set up your Canon printer, all you have to do is complete hardware and software setup. If you have the installation CD given along with your printer, you can use it to install the software. If not, you can get the software from the Canon website or using the Download link given on this site.
Canon Printer Unboxing and First-Time Setup
- Unboxing is the first step of setting up your Canon printer. The following guidelines can help you in that regard.
- Open the product box and take out everything you received.
- Discard all the packing materials and protective tapes from the printer and its components.
- Ensure that all the components are delivered without any damage.
- Take the given power cord and connect it to your printer’s rear port and an electrical outlet. Then, turn on your printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and insert them into the respective holders.
- Extend the paper tray and load a paper stack. Then, reinsert the paper tray into the printer.
That’s it. You have completed the hardware setup of your printer. To complete your printer’s software setup, you need to install the appropriate driver on your computer.
Free Canon Drivers Download
The driver is an important program that will enable the computer to interact with the printer. Without the driver, you cannot access your printer from the computer. You can download all types of printer drivers from Canon’s official website. To simplify the downloading process, we have given you the driver download link on this site; you can use this link to obtain the compatible driver for your OS version.
Install The Canon Printer Driver
Once you have downloaded the compatible driver for your Canon printer, you can proceed with the installation procedure. Follow the simple instructions provided below.
- Locate the downloaded software in the Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- If you install the software on a Windows computer, click Yes if the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box appears.
- In case you install the driver on a Mac computer, you need to enter its administrator password when prompted by the installer.
- Select OK or Allow to continue with the printer driver installation process.
- When the software’s license agreement appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- When the Setup Method screen appears, choose the option you prefer and connect your printer and computer accordingly.
- If the user registration screen appears, click Next and provide the required details.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Manual Download For A Canon Printer
When you purchase your printer for the first time, you will be supplied with the user manual. It will provide you with the exact instructions to set up and use your printer. It also includes the information related to printer setup, network connection, printer functions, troubleshooting procedures, etc. The general guidelines and other troubleshooting mechanisms will also be explained in the user manual. If you have misplaced the included user manual, you can obtain its soft copy using the link given on this site. Click the link, and your printer’s user manual will be downloaded to your computer as a PDF file.
How To Print Using A Canon Printer?
To print documents or photos from your computer on your Canon printer, follow the next set of instructions.
- Before starting, load enough paper into the paper cassette and install the ink cartridges into the respective holders.
- Download the compatible driver using the link given on this site and install it on your computer.
- Connect your printer and computer over a network or using a USB cable.
- Open the document/image you want to print and select the print command.
- Ensure that your Canon printer is selected.
- Click Preferences/Properties to open the printer driver.
- Make the necessary changes to your document and click OK> Print.
- Now, your printer starts printing the documents you have sent.
How To Scan Documents Using A Canon Printer?
To scan documents or photos on your Canon printer, download the IJ Scan Utility and start the installation.
- Turn on your Canon printer and connect it to the same network to which your computer is connected.
- Load your originals on the scanner glass with the print side facing down.
- Open IJ Scan Utility and click Auto/Document/photo/Custom.
- If you click Auto, the utility will detect your originals and scan your documents accordingly.
- If you want to scan your originals with the settings suitable for documents/photos, click the corresponding icon.
- In case you want o scan your documents with personalized settings, click the Customize icon and make the necessary changes.
- To modify the scan settings of your document, click the Settings button and specify your preference.
- Once you click the corresponding icon, your printer will scan the originals and save them to the specified destination.
How To Copy Using A Canon Printer?
To copy documents/photos using a Canon printer, download the printer drivers and place the document on the scanner platen.
- Turn on your Canon printer and load sufficient paper into the paper cassette.
- Load your originals on the scanner glass.
- Now, modify your preferred settings to copy the loaded document.
- Specify the number of copies using the printer control panel.
- Finally, press the Start button.
- In some printers, you need to specify the number of copies by pressing the Copy button multiple times.
- In case you want to stop this process, you can click the Cancel button. However, some printers may not have this option.
- Once you finish copying the originals, you can remove your documents from the platen.
How To Fax Using A Canon Printer?
If your Canon printer supports the fax function, you can send faxes to your recipients with a single click.
- Make sure that the Canon printer is powered on.
- Tap the Fax button on the printer control panel.
- The Fax Standby screen will appear on the control panel.
- The procedure may vary for some Canon printers.
- Load the documents into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Set the scan resolution or contrast on the printer control panel if necessary.
- Dial the recipient’s telephone/fax number using the buttons.
- Tap the Color button for color transmission or the Black button for black and white transmission.
- Now, the Canon printer starts to scan the documents placed on the platen and sends them to the recipient.
Canon Wireless Printer – Network Connect
To set up your Canon printer on a wireless network, install the necessary printer drivers and launch the canon printer setup.
- Turn on your Canon printer and download the compatible driver on your computer.
- Run the setup file and proceed with the following instructions.
- When the software’s license agreement screen appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- On the Printer Connection method screen, select the Wireless LAN Connection method.
- Choose your router’s SSID and click Next.
- On the following screen, click Cableless Setup.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the printer control panel.
- Select Next and make sure that the blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes on the printer.
In this way, you should connect your printer to your wireless network.
Canon Photo Printer Usb Setup
To perform the canon printer USB setup on your Canon printer, install the required drivers and select the connection type as USB.
- Turn on the Canon printer and keep it in the ready state.
- Download the printer driver on your computer.
- Run the setup file and click Yes when the User Account Control screen appears. For Mac computers, you will be prompted to enter the administrator password.
- When the software’s license agreement appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- When the Connect Type screen appears, select the USB connection option and click Next.
- Proceed with the on-screen steps to install the Canon printer.
- When prompted, connect one terminal of the USB cable to the printer and the other terminal to the computer’s USB port.
- Now, perform the respective functions to ensure that the connection is established properly.
Canon Printer App – Mobile Printing Solutions
Canon printer app and mobile printing solutions enable us to access the printer across various devices. The mobile printing solutions are compatible with tablets and smartphones. Canon Inkjet/Selphy, Apple AirPrint, Pixma Cloud Link, and Google Cloud Print are compatible with Canon printers.
Canon Inkjet/selphy App
You can quickly access your Canon printer from any device using the Selphy app. The Selphy app is available for both Android and Mac users. Download the Selphy app from Play Store or App Store and add your Canon printer to your device. Open a file/document on your device and start printing. You can also print photos from the social media pages using the Canon inkjet Selphy app.
Canon Apple Airprint
This feature is specially designed to access the printers from any Apple device. AirPrint lets you can print, scan, fax, and check the ink level in your Canon printer, and you don’t need to install any specific driver. Connect your iOS device and Canon printer to the same network. Open the document/image you want to print and tap Action. Then specify your printing preferences and tap Print.
Canon Pixma Cloud Link
The Canon Pixma/Maxify Cloud Link enables you to associate with various cloud services and print images or documents from the photo-sharing site. You can also access multiple functions, such as storing scanned documents without the usage of the computer. The Canon Pixma Cloud Link is available for most Canon printer models. Before starting, ensure that your printer supports this feature.
Canon Wireless Direct Printing
You can use the Wireless Direct printing method to print documents on your Canon printer. It allows you to print documents by connecting the devices directly to the printer. Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on your Canon printer. Enable Wi-Fi on your smartphone and select your Canon printer name. Then, enter your printer’s password in the respective field and establish the connection.
Canon Printer Google Cloud Print
It is a special feature designed by Google that allows us to print over the web-connected devices from anywhere by using your Canon printer. All mobile devices and computers support it. It is a secure cloud-based service that is quick and easy to access. However, Google has announced that it has discontinued its support for Google Cloud Print. Therefore, you cannot use it anymore.
How To Replace Ink Cartridges In A Canon Printer
When the ink cartridges are empty, you need to replace them with new ones. The following instructions guide you through the whole process.
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Open the cartridge access door Wait until the printer’s carriage is idle. Remove all the empty cartridges from their slots.
- Unpack the new cartridges and remove the packing tapes.
- Do not touch the copper-colored parts or the ink nozzles as it might harm the ink system and result in print quality issues.
- Insert the cartridges into the respective holders and press them until they click into their slots.
- Once you replace all the cartridges, close the cartridge access door.
- Now, your printer will start printing an alignment page automatically.
How To Reset A Canon Printer?
The procedure for resetting a Canon printer differs between every printer model. If your printer has a Reset button, follow the instructions below to restore it to the factory settings.
- Turn on your Canon printer by pressing the Power button.
- On your printer control panel, press and hold the Reset and Color Start buttons simultaneously.
- Wait for a while, and you can release the Reset button.
- The Canon printer will start to reset the printer and restore the factory defaults.
- Power off the Canon printer and disconnect the power cord from the power supply.
- Turn on the Canon printer and re-establish the connection between your printer and computer.
Standard Canon Pixma Printer Troubleshooting
Some common issues will occur with the Canon printers. You can perform the standard canon printer troubleshooting techniques to fix them. You can also use automated tools to fix the issues. Some of the basic troubleshooting problems are discussed below; you can refer to them to solve your Canon printer issue.
Why Is My Canon Printer In An Error State?
- A Canon printer can be in an error state if there is a problem with the printer connection or the drivers.
- First, see if there is a paper jam on your Canon printer. If so, remove all the jammed paper from the specified location.
- Check the connection between your printer and computer and re-establish the connection if necessary.
- Sometimes, the problems can be resolved when you restart your printer. Power off your Canon printer and the computer. Leave them undisturbed for a minute. Then, turn on your Canon printer setup and computer.
- If the error prevails, uninstall the older version of printer drivers from your computer. Download & install the Canon printer driver from the link given on this site.
- Connect your Canon printer to your computer and try printing a sample page to ensure that the error is fixed.
- If you face the same problem, you can proceed to reset the Canon printer.
How To Find My Canon Printer Ip Address?
You can check the Canon printer’s IP address by printing a User Data List. Do so by following the set of guidelines given below.
- Turn on the Canon printer by pressing the Power button.
- Load a fresh stack of paper into the paper input tray. Make sure only to load the A4 sheets only as the User Data list can be printed only on these sheets.
- Locate the Go button and press it for 3 seconds.
- The Canon printer will start to print the User Data List.
- You can locate the IP Address of the Canon printer on the User Data list.
How To Fix The Canon Printer Error B200?
b200 is one of the most frequently occurring error codes on Canon printers. This error depicts a problem in the ink cartridge. Follow these instructions to fix the error code.
- Power off the printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove all the cartridges from their slots.
- Take out the printheads from the printer and then place them back into their slots.
- Now, reinsert the cartridges into the respective holders.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer’s rear port and the power supply. After a minute, reconnect the power cord to the printer’s rear port and the power supply.
- Power on the Canon printer and ensure that the error has disappeared.
Canon Printer Paper Jam Problems
- A paper jam can occur in several areas of the Canon printer. To solve this issue, you must discard all the papers stuck inside the printer.
- Power off your Canon printer and open the paper output cover.
- Remove all the jammed paper stuck inside the paper output tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access cover and examine whether there is any jammed paper stuck in the ink cartridge area.
- Gently remove the jammed papers from the ink cartridge access area.
- Do not tear any papers while trying to clear the papers from the printer.
- Ensure that all the jammed paper is cleared from the printer.
- Power on the Canon printer and try printing a sample page.
Fix- Canon Printer Is Not Recognized During Driver Installation
The Canon printer might not be recognized during the driver installation when the network connection is interrupted. The following guidelines can help you fix the problem.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Now, examine the USB cable you are using.
- Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to the correct port securely.
- The flat end should be attached to the printer’s port.
- The square end should be connected to the computer’s USB port.
- If you connect your printer and computer using a network connection, ensure that they are connected to the same network.
- Now, the Canon printer will be recognized during the installation.