How To Configure Canon Image Class D1620 Setup?
Canon imageCLASS D1620 is a multifunctional monochrome laser printer designed for small to mid-size workgroups. It has a color touchscreen panel, an ADF, and a 550-sheet paper cassette. Below are the features supported by this printer. Scroll down this page to know how to configure Canon image class D1620 setup.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Hi-Speed USB
- Mopria Print Service
- Double-sided scanning/printing
- Secure Printers
- Scan to Email/FTP
For detailed instructions about the Canon imageCLASS D1620 setup, go through the steps below.
Setting up Canon imageCLASS D1620:
- First, unpack your printer and take out the box contents.
- Remove all the tapes and stickers from the printer.
- Pull the paper cassette out from the printer and slide the paper guides.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the paper cassette.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides and refix the cassette into the printer.
- If necessary, install the paper feeder into your printer.
- Next, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the following initial settings.
- Current time/date
- Access security measures
- You have now completed the basic settings for your Canon imageCLASS D1620 printer. Now, you can install the printer driver and finish the driver setup.
Configuring the Canon printer to connect to your computer:
- When the printer prompts you to proceed with the wireless LAN setup, tap Yes.
- In case you wish to connect your printer and computer via a USB cable, tap No and proceed with the USB printer setup.
- For the wireless network setup, place your printer close to your router.
- Identify the wireless settings such as SSID and network key from your router’s label.
- Make sure to connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- On the printer’s touchscreen panel, tap OK and choose the SSID Settings option.
- Select the Select Access Point option and choose your SSID from the displayed list.
- Tap the OK button and enter the network key.
- Tap Apply –> Yes.
- Wait until you see the Connected message on the touchscreen panel.
- Once the connection is made, install the printer driver on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and choose wireless connection as your connection type.
- Finish the driver installation and verify the printer functionality.
- You have now completed the Canon image class D1620 setup.