What the customer says about the Canon pixma G1000 setup?
Canon pixma G1000 setup printer is launched by Canon which contains refillable ink tanks. It is mainly designed for high-volume printing at a very low cost. You can print up to 6000 pages in black and 7000 pages in color. Observe the ink level of the cartridges in your printer. The printer contains a hybrid ink system which includes pigment black ink and dye color ink. You can also print borderless photos using the printer. It is a cost-efficient printer that is used primarily in an office environment. It supports both the Windows and Mac OS. Connect the printer and system using a USB cable to establish the connection.
What is the setup process for Canon G1000 printer?
- Use a knife to cut the tape on top of the carton.
- Take the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer out of the box.
- Discard all the packing materials surrounding the box.
- Ensure that all the accessories are present inside the carton.
- Raise the cartridge locking lever on the carriage area.
- Peel the protective tape off located on the top of the cartridge.
- Seat the cartridges into their slots.
- Take the refill bottles from the packaging.
- Pour ink into the respective slots.
- Connect the power cable and then turn on the printer.
- Fill enough amount of paper on the main tray.
- Refrain from proceeding and wait for the alignment page to print.
- After completing the setup process, install the driver.
- Use the starter CD to start the installation process.
What is the need for a driver?
The Canon pixma G1000 setup printer supports IJ Printer driver. It is mainly installed on the system for printing documents. The software changes the application format date to the data understandable by the printer. Check if the printer supports the XPS driver. Verify that the standard printer driver is installed on the system.
How to download the driver for Canon Pixma G1000 printer?
- Locate the driver link on the website.
- Double-click the driver link mentioned on the screen.
- The supported file is available in the Downloads folder.
- The setup file for the Windows system is in the .exe format.
- Verify that the internet connection is stable during the download process.
- Do not power off the printer and system during the download process.
- Click the Open option to view the files available in the package.
- Select the Save option to store the file for future use.
- Change the destination folder of the file if required.
- Complete the download process to begin the installation process.
When should I install the driver?
- Delete the existing printer driver on the system.
- Remove all the unnecessary files from the system.
- Check if there is enough space to install the driver.
- If yes, go to the Downloads folder of the system.
- Launch the installer to install the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer driver.
- Log in to the system using the Administrator credentials.
- Select the connection type on a network.
- Complete the installation process with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- After installing, reboot the printer and system.
- Updating the driver is necessary to access all the latest features
- Check for the driver updates periodically to fix the issue.
How to use the manual?
Are you using the printer for the first time? You can use the manual for the easy setup process. Click the link mentioned on the website to begin the download process. It includes all the information about the printer and its functions. You can also get the hard copy of the manual from the printer’s shipment box.
How to refill the ink tank system?
- Raise the cartridge locking cover to reach the cartridge area.
- Remove the protective tape present on the top of the cartridge.
- Do not hold the electrical contacts as it may lead to the ink system failure.
- Seat the black ink cartridge into the right slot.
- Install the color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are correctly installed.
- Check if the top cover is open.
- Raise the black ink tank cover. Hold and remove the ink tank cap of the ink tank.
- Keep the removed tank cap on the cap holder on the top.
- Remove the ink tank bottle from their package.
- Twist the bottle’s cap and then try to remove it.
- Make sure that you do not squeeze the ink bottle as it may come out.
- Place the ink bottle’s nozzle on the bottle guide of the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer and pour ink into the inlet. Squeeze the bottle and pour the ink.
- Do not overfill ink on the tank. Close the lever and then try to print from the printer.
How to print from Canon Pixma G1000?
- Verify that the printer is switched on.
- Fill plain papers on the main tray.
- Open the printer driver window.
- Click the Additional Features option such as Media Type and Printer Paper size.
- Choose the Print Quality option.
- Click the High, Standard, or Draft option under the Print Quality tab.
- The settings may differ based on the printing profile.
- Complete the setup process.
- Avail printed documents on the output tray.
- Access the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer driver setup window.
- Choose the Duplex Printing option. Check if the Duplex Printing tab on the Page Setup tab.
- Choose the Normal-size, Fit to Page, Scaled, or Page Layout tab from the Page Layout.
- Set the side to be stapled. Choose the Specify Margin option.
- Click Print to start the printing process.
Canon Pixma G1000 Cleaning the print heads
- If the print quality is not acceptable, clean the printhead.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Press the Resume/Cancel icon until the power light flashes.
- Wait for the printer to begin cleaning the printhead.
- After a while, the cleaning completes when the Power light flashes.
- Verify the printhead condition to print the nozzle check pattern.
- Print the nozzle check pattern and clean the printhead.
- Check the other method to clean the printhead.
- Select the Maintenance tab to choose the Cleaning option.
- Click the Execute option to clean the printhead.
- Complete the cleaning process for a quality printout.
How to connect the printer to the system?
- Switch on your Canon pixma G1000 setup printer and system.
- Load the starter CD on the disc drive.
- View the list of files on the CD.
- Choose the setup file to begin the installation process.
- Find the connection type as USB and click on it.
- Wait for the system to prompt the connection.
- Plug in one end of the cable to the printer’s rear.
- The other end of the cable to the system’s rear.
- View the printer name from the list of available devices.
- Add the printer name on the list of available devices by clicking the + sign.
- If the printer name is unavailable, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
How to reset the printer?
- Power off the printer by long-pressing the Power button.
- Detach all the cables connected to the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer.
- Long-press the Power and Resume buttons at a time.
- After a while, replug the power and USB cables.
- Release the Power button and long-press the Power button to enable the test mode.
- Enable the Service mode to release the Power and Resume buttons.
- Try to print from the printer to check if the printer is working correctly.
Canon Pixma G1000 Troubleshooting
Do you face any issues with your printer? Don’t worry.
We have provided problems with the printer. Resolve the issue to start the printing process.
Canon Pixma G1000 Printer not printing
- There are various reasons for the printer not printing. Go through the steps below to fix it.
- Check if the printer’s power cord is connected correctly to the wall outlet.
- Connect the printer’s power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- View the ink level in the ink tank.
- Low ink level leads to the ink cartridge issue.
- If the driver is outdated, reinstall the printer driver on the system.
- Check if the paper is inserted correctly into the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer.
Canon G1000 Printer offline
- When the offline message displays on the printer’s control panel, use the steps below to resolve it.
- Check if the printer is configured to its proper port.
- Set the currently used printer as the default one.
- If the printer is connected to a USB cable, check the connection.
- Right-click on the printer’s name and disable the Use Printer Offline option.
- Do not connect the printer to a guest network.
- Disable the firewall for a while to establish the network connection.
Printer Canon Pixma G1000 not connected USB
- If the printer is connected to a USB cable but printer not connected to USB displays, use the steps below to resolve it.
- Inspect for physical damage on the USB cable.
- Connect the printer to the USB 2.0 port.
- Do not connect multiple devices to the USB hub or docking station.
- Install the latest version of the driver on the system.
- If the driver is not installed correctly, the connection issue occurs.
Canon G1000 not connected
- If the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer not connected issue displays on the printer’s control panel, use the solutions below to fix it. Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- If the printer is connected to a USB cable, ensure that the cable is connected correctly.
- If the printer is connected to a wireless connection, change the network settings.
- Check if the machine setup is complete.
- If the printer is established to the wireless network, configure to a proper port.
- Check if the printer and router settings are similar.
Canon Pixma G1000 Paper jam
- If you are placing curled or wrinkled papers on the input tray, the paper jam issue may occur.
- Find the jammed paper located inside the printer.
- Use a flashlight to check for the jammed paper.
- Remove all the stuck papers inside the printer.
- Use both hands to remove the jammed paper.
- Ripping of paper may further lead to a paper jam issue.
- If the issue persists, reset the printer to fix the problem.
- Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and the wall socket.
- Reconnect it and turn on the Canon pixma G1000 setup printer using the Power button.