Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Setup
The Canon PIXMA MegaTank Inkjet G1220 printer offers a print resolution of up to 4800 * 1200 dpi. This printer also offers the following print features document printing, photo printing, borderless printing, business card printing, greeting card printing, label printing, and double-sided matte paper support.It is compatible with the latest macOS and Windows OSs. The software included are Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Software, PosterArtist Lite Software, and PIXMA G1220 Driver. (Note: Based on your OS type, the software availability may vary). The only drawback of this Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Setup is that it only supports one standard interface Hi-Speed USB.
What’s Inside The Box
- Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Inkjet Printer.
- Set of ink bottles (PGBK, C, M, Y).
- 2 Bonus Black Ink Bottle.
- Power cord.
Quick, simple, and easy steps to set up the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 Printer for the first time
- Begin the printer setup by unboxing the product box.
- Make sure that the above-mentioned components are present inside the box. (Note: If any one of the components is missing inside the box, then please contact your dealer to get the missing one)
- Now, remove the packing tapes present inside and outside of the printer and dispose them correctly.
- After unpacking the printer properly, install the print heads.
- To do so, open the top cover of your printer first.
- Open the cover of your printer’s print head.
- Unpack both the print heads.
- Make sure to remove the protective tapes properly from the print head.
- Now, install the Color (C) print head on the left of the slot and the Black (B) on the right.
- Press the down buttons of the print head until they fit correctly;
- Close the top cover of your printer.
- Now, connect your Canon printer to an electrical outlet.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the ON button.;
- Once the printer turns on, wait for it to complete the Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Setup initial boot up.
- Now, open the top cover of the printer.
- Unpack the ink bottles.
- Remove the tank cap.
- Now, gently pour the ink into the tank. Make sure to pour the ink type correctly in the tank.
- After filling the tanks, close them.
- Close the top cover of your printer and press OK.
- Now, your printer will start to perform the ink system preparation process.
- To load paper, extend the paper support first.
- Align the slide width guide of the support.
- Load a stack of plain or photo paper in the support. Align the paper width guides properly.
- Make sure to close the paper feed slot cover and extend the output tray.
- Now, you can install the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 printer on your computer.
- Open the Canon printer driver on your computer.
- When prompted, connect your Canon printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- Finish the driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, try a test print.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Driver
The Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 printer software included for the Windows and Mac OS are PIXMA G1220 driver, Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Software, and PosterArtist Lite Software. These drivers are attached with the setup CD. You can also download the same drivers from the Canon printer’s official support page and this page. To know-how, scroll down this page.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Driver Download Windows
Downloading the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 printer driver from this page
- Locate the Driver Download button provided on this page and click on it.
- Now, based on your Windows OS type, the available Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 printer driver will start to download.
- Once the printer driver is downloaded, open it and begin the software installation on your computer.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Driver Download Mac
Driver download from the Canon printer’s official support page
- Visit the Canon printer’s official support page.
- Look for your Canon printer model and select it.
- On your Canon printer’s support page, click the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- If required, choose the Mac OS from the drop-down menu.
- Select the printer driver you want and click the Download button beside it.
- Once the selected printer driver is downloaded, perform the software installation on your Mac computer to complete the printer setup.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Driver Install
- Double-click on the downloaded Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 printer driver file.
- In the initial window of the installation, you’ll be asked to choose your language. Select it and click the Next button.
- Choose the necessary Canon printer driver(s) that you wish to install on your computer in theSoftware Installation List dialog box. If you wish to install all the software, then click the Select All button followed by Next.
- When prompted, accept the license agreement of the Canon printer.
- Now, the selected drivers will start to install on your computer, wait for it to complete.
- Once it is done, you’ll be asked to connect your Canon printer to the computer.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining set of the installation.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Usb Setup
- First, ensure that you have completed the physical setup of your Canon printer.
- Check if you have the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 printer driver. If not, download it from the printer’s official support page or this page. (Note: The procedure to download the printer driver is instructed above).
- Make sure that you have a USB cable. (Note: Don’t connect the USB cable before the driver installation. Connect it only when prompted during the driver installation).
- Turn on your Canon printer if it is turned off.
- Now, open the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G1220 printer driver file on your computer.
- On the Welcome screen, choose the language of your desire and click Next.
- In the Software Installation List dialog box, select the Canon printer driver that you wish to install and click Next.
- Once the selected Canon printer driver is installed, connect your Canon printer to the computer using the USB cable as instructed in the installation window.
- After connecting the printer and your computer together, perform the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining set of the installation.
- Finally, try a test print to check the printer functions.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Print Setup
Basic printing setup.
- Make sure that you have completed your printer’s physical setup.
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Check whether the paper support contains enough paper to perform the print operation.
- On your computer, open theprinter driver setupscreen.
- Set the basic print preferences as per your desire on the print setup screen.
- Finally, click the OK button.
- Now, your printer will print the document using these settings.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Troubleshooting
When an error code or message is displayed either on your computer or printer screen, try to identify it first. Because, in most cases, when something goes wrong with the printer hardware or software it is informed to you by means of the error message or code. After identifying the message, perform the troubleshooting solutions to resolve it. Before performing the advanced methods, perform the basic solutions to resolve the printer issues.
Basic Printing Setup
- Restart your Canon printer.
- Check whether the cables are connected securely.
- Click on the Connect to the Network option and select Cableless Setup.
- Make sure that you have installed your Canon printer correctly.
- Check if your printer’s physical setup is done correctly.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Photo Quality Issues
- Check if you have selected the correct print quality while configuring the print settings. If not, reconfigure the print settings, and then try to print the photo file.
- Check if the printhead is installed properly.
- Check whether you’ve loaded the correct media size.
- Print the nozzle check pattern of your Canon printer to check whether the nozzles are clogged. If yes, clean the print head.
- Make sure that the ink tanks contain enough ink to perform the print operation.
- Check if you have loaded the paper in the support correctly.
- Modify the print quality settings and then try to print the photo file.
If the photo quality issue persists, contact us.
Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Not Printing
- Make sure that your Canon printer is turned on first.
- Check whether the USB cable between the printer and your computer are connected securely. If not, connect the cable properly.
- Make sure that you’ve configured the paper size settings correctly.
- If any print jobs are queued, then delete them, and perform the current one.
- Make sure that your Canon printer driver is selected correctly.
- If you encounter this issue while trying to print a large document, then wait for some time for the printer to start printing. Usually, the printer will take a long time while printing a large document. If the printer doesn’t start the print operation after a long period of time, then go to the Print Options dialog box and set the Prevention of Print Data Loss option to ON.
- Restart your Canon Pixma Megatank G1220 Setup and the computer..