How Do I Do Canon Pixma Megatank G6020 Setup?
In this section we will explain how to do canon pixma megatank g6020 setup. Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 is an all-in-one mega tank wireless printer. The printing and other printer functions have never been this efficient since the printer is a powerhouse for the Canon brand. The Canon printer comes with a total of 6 ink bottles- 3 black and one each for Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta. The all-in-one printer can bring out prints of up to 6,000 black copies and 7,700 color pages with supreme and extreme quality.
Contents In The Box:
- The Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer
- Print heads
- Ink bottles
- Installation CD
- Product Information Guide
- Getting Started Guide
- Unpack the printer from the carton.
- Place the printer on a flat surface (preferably closer to the computer and the wireless router).
- Gently peel off the protective tapes surrounding the printer body; discard them once and for all.
- Open the scanning unit of the printer; remove and discard the packaging material present inside the printer.
- Open the print head locking cover (to install the provided print heads).
- Remove the print head from the sealed packaging; remove the protective tape placed around it.
- Repeat the steps for the other print head.
- Place the print head into the respective color slot.
- Place it firmly and close the cover until it clicks. Press the joint buttons on the back to lock them.
- Open the ink tank cover on the left side of the printer.
- Hold the ink bottle in a proper position.
- Gently unscrew the cap from the bottle and keep it aside.
- Slowly tilt the bottle into the nozzle; make sure that the bottle stands upside down.
- The ink tank will start filling; wait for the ink to reach a certain level.
- You have to gently remove the ink bottle from the inlet and keep it aside.
- On the right side of the printer body, you will find the ink tank for other colors.
- Gently open the ink tank cover; repeat the set of steps as mentioned above (to fill the ink tanks).
- Once the ink reaches an optimal level, close the ink tank cover and the scanning unit of the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the sealed packaging.
- Connect the main plug to the power source and the other end of the cable to the rear end of the Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer setup.
- Raise the control panel of the printer; press the Power button to turn it on.
- Once the printer powers up, use the navigation buttons to select the language of your choice. Press the OK button.
- Remove the cassette from the printer.
- Slide the paper guides present inside to the extreme corner (based on the size of the paper you are going to load).
- Have a stack of paper ready to install (before installing, make sure that you fan the stack evenly to avoid future paper jams).
- Place the paper stack into the cassette.
- Push the cassette into the Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer.
Finally, the hardware setup for the printer is complete. Let us now conclude the Canon Pixma Megatank G6020 setup process with the software setup.
Since the Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer comes with an installation CD, the software setup procedure is pretty easy.
Download The Driver:
- Open the support page for the Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer.
- Click the Drivers, Manuals & Firmware tab.
- Select the operating system from the drop-down list.
- Select the Driver Language and click the Search button.
- Once the support page refreshes, click the Download button for the printer driver.
- Perform a double-click on the downloaded driver to start the installation.
Install The Driver:
- Run the downloaded driver on your computer.
- Ensure not to connect the printer to the computer yet.
- Once the installer opens, follow the commands on the screen.
- When the connection screen opens, select the method of connection you want for the Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer.
- Follow the on-screen commands and complete the entire setup procedure.
That is all you need to know about Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer setup process. Call us for instant assistance.