Canon Pixma Megatank G6020 Wireless Setup
The wireless setup enables you to print the documents from your computer wirelessly. On your Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 printer, you can print wirelessly using the Easy Wireless Connect method. Easy Wireless Connect enables your computer to send the information to your printer directly over a wireless network.
If you would like to know how to complete the wireless setup of Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Before you begin, make sure that you complete the initial setup of your printer, including unpacking, paper loading, and ink filling. Also, make sure that you connect your computer to the Internet.
- Take out the setup CD-ROM you received along with your printer, insert it into your computer’s CD drive, and run the setup file.
- If your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, or you have misplaced the installation disk, you can download the printer driver from the official website of Canon.
- On your computer, launch your favorite browser and visit the official support page of Canon.
- Enter your printer model and download the driver recommended for your OS.
- Once the download is complete, go to the destination folder and run the setup file.
- When you run the setup file, the Start Setup window will appear. If you have the printer driver on your CD drive and would like to get the latest version, check the box next to the option that reads Use the updated software found on the Internet and click on the Start Setup button.
- When the installer starts, choose the country and the place you are residing in; then click on the Next button.
- When the License Agreement window appears, click on the Yes button.
- When the Select Connection Method window appears, choose the Wi-Fi Connection option and click on the Next button.
- When the Check Power screen appears, make sure that you have turned on your printer and click on the Next button.
- Then, the setup program will look for the nearby printers on the network. When the Connecting Printer to Network window appears, click on the Next button.
- Next, move to your printer, press and hold the Wireless Connect button for 3 seconds, and then click on the Next button on the Preparing Printer screen.
- Then, the setup program will look for the nearby printers on the network and when the Check the Connection Method screen appears, click on the Yes button.
- When the connection is successful, on the Connection Completed screen, click on the Next button.
- Now, the setup program will start installing the drivers; follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- When the Test Print screen appears, click on the Start button; now, your printer will print the test page wirelessly. You can also skip the test print by clicking on the Next button.
- Once the installation gets over, click on the Exit button. Now, your Windows computer will restart, and then you can print wirelessly from your Canon Pixma MegaTank G6020 using the installed drivers.