Solved: Canon Pixma Megatank G620 Not Printing
With some of the best features that the Canon Pixma G620 printer possesses, you can obtain excellent-quality prints. However, sometimes, you might also face some hardware issues with this printer. One such issue you are going to read about is the not printing problem. In this article, we have compiled causes and solutions to resolve the Canon Pixma megatank G620 not printing problem.
When you are facing the issue of the Canon Pixma G620 not printing, here are some steps to have a look at.
- Make sure that the Canon Pixma G620 is connected to the power source.
- If the power light on the Canon printer is flashing, it means the printer has encountered an error.
- See if the light on the printer is solid.
- If you have the Canon printer connected to the computer through a USB cable, make sure that the cable at both ends (printer and computer) is secured properly.
- If you find there is a physical problem with the USB cable, replace it as soon as possible.
Let’s dig deep into the troubleshooting methods and solve the Canon Pixma G620 not printing issue once and for all.
METHOD 1: CLEAR PENDING PRINT JOBS
With a series of pending print jobs in line, it can be one of the reasons why the Canon Pixma G620 printer is not printing. Here are the steps for both the Windows and Mac operating systems to resolve the issue.
- Open the Control Panel window (Windows + R).
- Select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Canon Pixma G620 printer from the printer list.
- Click on the Open queue button.
- Do a right-click and delete the pending print jobs from the list.
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select the System Preferences option.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- Do a double-click on the Canon Pixma G620 printer.
- Click on the pending print jobs and click on the X button to close. Keep reading this page to fix Canon Pixma megatank G620 not printing issue.
METHOD 2: CHECK THE HARDWARE SETUP
Fix 1: Check if the Canon Pixma G620 printer is properly set up
- Check the power cord connected to the power source.
- Press the Power button on the MegaTank printer to see if it turns on.
- Sometimes, the problem behind the not printing issue can be related to the power supply at your work/office.
Fix 2: Replace the Ink tanks in the Canon Pixma G620 printer
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Open the scanning unit.
- Push the tab that is holding the ink tank and gently release it from the slot.
- Take out a new ink tank from the sealed packaging; remove the protective tape from the ink tank along with the orange tab.
- Place the ink bottle into the ink tank slot and fill the ink tank.
- Close the access door and wait for the printer to charge the ink. If not, move on to the next steps to solve Canon Pixma megatank G620 not printing issue.
Fix 3: Check the papers in the paper tray
There comes a time when the print media inside the Canon printer can also be the reason behind the Canon Pixma G620 printer not printing. When it comes to paper jams with this particular printer, there are support codes for each kind of paper jam.
Here are some support codes that will resolve the Canon Pixma G620 printer not printing problem.
Support Code: 1000
- There is no paper inside the paper input tray, or the papers are not loaded properly.
- Load the paper into the rear tray and make sure to adjust the paper guides so that they align the stack evenly.
Support Code: 1070
- Papers cannot be fed because the rollers are dirty.
- Remove the paper from the paper tray.
- Press the Setup button on the Canon printer control panel.
- Use the navigation buttons and select Maintenance; press OK.
- Select the Roller Cleaning option and press OK.
- The roller cleaning will be complete.
Support Code: 1200
- The scanning unit is open, and so, the Canon Pixma MegaTank G620 printer does not print.
- Close the scanning unit and see if the printer prints.
Support Code: 1300
- The paper is jammed when feeding it from the rear tray.
- Make sure to remove the jammed paper from the paper input tray or from the output tray as soon as possible.
- Reload the paper and press the OK button on the printer to clear the error.
See if you have resolved the Canon Pixma MegaTank G620 printer not printing issue.
If the Canon Pixma megatank G620 not printing problem persists, click the CALL button on this page to have your queries resolved.