Canon Pixma Megatank G620 Setup
The Canon PIXMA G620 wireless MegaTank photo all-in-one printer is designed to satisfy large printing needs. This printer comes with stunning qualities like long-lasting photos, six dye-based inks, borderless photo printing, rear paper feeding, media versatility, expanded color Gamut, and more. It’s designed to be compatible with the latest version of Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android operating systems. If you haven’t performed the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G620 setup or if you’re looking for the right and simple procedure to perform the same, follow the step-by-step instructions given below.
Step 1: Unpacking The Product Box And The Printer
- Remove the outer packing materials of the product box.
- Open the box. Take the print heads, ink bottles, power cord, getting started guide, and other materials related to your printer out of the box.
- Now, gently take the printer out of the box and place it on a clean and flat surface.
- Remove the outer packing cover of the printer.
- Similarly, take off all the packing materials present inside and outside the printer.
Step 2: Installing The Print Heads
- Get the print heads that are provided along with the printer.
- Now, open your printer’s print head cover.
- Unpack the print heads and install them in their slots.
- Make sure that the print heads are installed properly.
- Close the cover.
Step 3: Turn On The Printer
- Get the power cord, and using it, connect your Canon printer to an electrical outlet.
- On the printer control panel, press On to turn on your printer.
- Once your printer turns on and completes its initial boot-up, configure the initial settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Make sure that the printer’s initial settings are configured correctly.
- Save the configured settings by pressing the OK button.
Step 4: Filling The Ink Tanks
- Raise your Canon printer’s scanner unit.
- Open the ink tank caps.
- Unpack the ink bottles.
- Fill all the tanks with the corresponding ink types.
- After filling the tanks, replace the tank caps and lower the scanner unit of your printer.
Step 5: Loading Paper
- Get a stack of plain, photo paper, glossy, matte photo paper, double-sided matte paper, magnetic photo paper, or any paper of your desire.
- Now, extend your printer’s paper support and the paper output tray.
- Based on the paper type that you’re loading, align the width guides of the support.
- Load the paper into the support.
- Confirm that the paper is loaded properly in the support.
- Avoid overloading the paper.
Step 6: Connecting The Printer To A Computer Or Mobile Phone
You’ve now reached the final step of the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G620 setup.
- For computer: On your computer, run the Canon printer setup file.
- When prompted, choose your printer and the desired connection type to connect both the devices together.
- Install the driver file to complete the setup.
- For smartphone: Install the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on your phone. Connect your smartphone and the printer to the same wireless network. Launch the app and install the printer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, scan, copy, or print a test page to check whether the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G620 printer setup is done correctly.
If you still have doubts about performing the Canon PIXMA MegaTank G620 printer setup, contact us.