Canon Pixma Tr4720 Scan to Computer
Do you want to scan a document and save its copy for future use? If yes, use the ‘scan to computer’ feature for the same. This cool feature is supported by almost all multifunctional printers, including Canon PIXMA TR4720.Learn how to prepare and scan a document using the scan-to-computer feature with the Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer.
Scan To Computer – Canon Pixma Tr4720 – All-in-one Guide
Both the devices (printer and computer) should be well prepared to perform the ‘scan to computer’ operation. If you haven’t prepared your printer and the computer, follow the instructions below to do it.
Preparing The Canon Pixma Tr4720 Printer and Computer
- Switch on your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer and the computer if they are turned off.
- Make sure that your Windows or Mac computer (the one you’re using) is connected directly to the printer over a USB, wireless, or Wi-Fi Direct connection.
- Check if the most compatible and latest scanner driver and IJ Scan Utility are installed on your computer.
- If not, download and install them on your computer.
- Prepare the document you want to scan. If it is the hard copy, make sure that it is neat and not bent.
- You can use the printer’s scanner glass or the ADF to load the original you want to scan.
- Use the ADF if you want to scan more than one page. If you want to scan a single piece of paper, use the scanner glass.
Scanning To Computer Using The Printer’s Operational Panel
- Begin with opening the Scan menu on your printer.
- Choose the Computer option as the destination.
- Configure the basic scan settings.
- Press the Menu/Wireless Connect button to access and configure the advanced scan settings, such as scan size, resolution, etc.
- Finally, press OK. Now, your Canon printer will start scanning the placed original.
- Once the scanning process is done, the Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer will save the scanned copy to your computer.
Scanning to Computer Using the IJ Canon Pixma Tr4720 Scan Software
If you want to scan a soft copy of the original that is saved on your Windows or Mac computer with the Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer, use this method. Select Computer as the destination type when configuring the scan settings.
Canon Pixma Tr4720 Scan to Computer For Windows 10
- Open the IJ Scan Utility on your computer. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Windows icon. Locate and click on the Canon Utilities folder.
- Choose the IJ Scan Utility option.
- Now, the Canon IJ Scan Utility dialog box will open.
- Ensure that your Canon printer model is selected correctly on the main screen.
- Now, choose the scan type on the same screen. If you want to modify the default scan settings, click on the Settings button
- Configure the scan settings, such as source type, color mode, original size, resolution, etc., as per your needs.
- Finally, click OK. Now, your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer will start scanning the selected original with the configured scan settings.
Canon Pixma Tr4720 Scan to Computer For Mac
- Begin with opening IJ Scan Utility2 on your Mac.
- To do so, open the Applications window. Here, locate and double-click on the Canon Utilities folder.
- Choose IJ Scan Utility > Canon IJ Scan Utility2.
- Pick your printer name from the Product Name drop-down menu (if necessary).
- Click on the Settings button to configure the advanced scan settings.
- Finally, click OK.
Contact us if you need real-time assistance in scanning an original and saving its copy to a computer with the Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer. Go ahead and utilize the Call button Contact Us we have provided on this page to get in touch with our technical experts.