Canon Pixma Tr4720 Setup
Setting up a new printer for the first time is straightforward and takes less than an hour to complete. The most important thing you have to ensure when setting up the printer is that it is unpacked and ready for the setup. This will help you avoid setup, installation, and jam errors. After ensuring that, you can begin the setup process by turning on the printer. The printer screen guides you in each step of the setup.On this page, we have shown you how to perform the Canon PIXMA TR4720 setup for the first time.
Canon Pixma Tr4720 Unboxing Setup
Here are the five easy and simple steps for unboxing and setting up your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer.
Preparing The Canon Pixma Tr4720 Printer
- Preparing the printer is nothing but unpacking it. Open the product box if you haven’t opened it yet.
- You will find the Canon PIXMA TR4720 Wireless All-in-One printer, a set of starter (PG-275/CL-276) ink cartridges, RJ-11 telephone/modem cable, power cord, and documentation.
- Take the printer and its components from the box. If you find that any of the components from the list above is missing, contact your dealer or manufacturer to get it.
- Now, place the printer on a neat, stable surface and start unpacking it.
- Don’t leave even a single piece of packing material on the printer. Remove all of them.
Configuring The Initial Settings
- Prepared the Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer for the setup? If yes, connect the printer to a wall outlet and turn it on.
- Use only the power cord that was shipped with the printer to connect it to your outlet.
- Press the On/Off button if necessary. Before going to the next step of the setup, wait for the Power light to become stable.
- Once the light becomes stable, the Select Language screen will open.
- Choose the language of your preferences and save it. Similarly, configure the other initial settings and save them.
Canon Pixma Tr4720 Installing The Fine Ink Cartridges
- Once you have configured the initial settings, the printer will display the ‘Install ink cartridges’ message on its screen.
- Press OK on the PIXMA printer’s control panel. Open the front cover, the paper output tray, and its cover.
- You can see the cartridge carriage moving. Wait for the carriage to become stable.
- Meanwhile, unpack the FINE ink cartridges that were shipped with the printer.
- Once the carriage is stable, install the unpacked cartridges into their slots. Close the output cover and tray.
Canon Pixma Tr4720 – Loading Paper
- The Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer supports plain, glossy, semi-gloss, envelopes, recycled paper, and chlorine-free paper types.
- Choose one from the recommended paper type list and load it into the tray.
- Open the front cover of your printer. Move the guides to the ends.
- Now, load the prepared paper into the tray with its printable side facing down.
- Ensure that the paper is not overloaded and close the cover.
Installing The Canon Pixma Tr4720 Printer On A Device
- A screen asking you to choose the connectivity option to continue with the Canon PIXMA TR4720 setup will open once you have performed the printer’s hardware setup.
- Choose the connection type and follow the on-screen instructions.
- For example, consider you have selected Wireless. Now, the Canon Pixma Tr4720 printer will try to detect and connect to the available wireless network.
- Once the printer is connected to the network, connect your smartphone or computer to the same network.
- For smartphone: Install and use the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app to set up the printer on your device.
- For computer: Run the printer’s MP driver. Click Start Setup.
- Perform the on-screen instructions. If you’re using a Mac, click Add Printer when prompted.
Need further assistance in performing the Canon PIXMA TR4720 setup? If yes, contact us by utilizing the Call button Contact Us on this page.