Fix: Canon Pixma Tr4720 Troubleshooting
When something is not working on your printer, you might feel like it is not worth the effort to fix it. But the truth is, it is always worth it to try and fix a problem. Generally, troubleshooting solutions can help you save time and money to some extent. Sometimes, the solution is just a simple change of a few wires or something to be done with the printer settings. Even if you are trying to fix something that doesn’t work, troubleshooting can help you learn how things work to avoid future problems. Now, let’s start learning the troubleshooting methods for your Canon Pixma TR4720 printer. Try these solutions and fix your issues within minutes.
[Solved] Canon Pixma Tr4720 Not Printing
If your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer is not printing, the problem might be with the connection, driver, or printer settings. Try these solutions and check if they can solve your printer issue.
- To begin with, see if your printer shows any error codes on its control panel. If you find any error, fix it with the appropriate solutions. If there is a paper jam on your printer, you need to remove the jammed paper from the specific location in the first place. Then, you can resume your printing job.
- Next, check the connection between your printer and computer. If you have connected them using a Wi-Fi connection, ensure they are connected to the same network. If you connect them via USB, ensure that the cable is working fine and connected firmly to the appropriate end ports.
- Set your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer as the default one so that your computer can send the documents to the correct printer each time. To do this, click Start at the bottom-left corner of your Windows computer screen and go to the Devices and Printers section. You can find all the devices and printers connected to your computer here. Right-click on your Canon printer and select the Set as default printer option.
- The printer driver is responsible for establishing stable communication between your printer and computer. If it is outdated, you will end up with printer issues. Visit Canon’s official website and download the updated driver compatible with your OS. Then, install it on your computer and ensure that your printer is printing now.
[Solved] Canon Pixma Tr4720 Not Scanning
If your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer is not scanning, try the solutions listed in the previous section. If they don’t fix your problem, proceed with the following troubleshooting methods.
- If you have connected your Canon printer and computer over a network and enabled the Use Printer Offline option, your printer cannot scan your documents. To fix this issue, go to the Devices and Printers section. Then, right-click on your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer and select the See what’s printing option. You will find that a new window opens up. Here, click the Printer menu and ensure that the Use Printer Offline option is disabled.
- Open the scanner cover and see if you can find any jammed paper here. If so, this is the source of the Canon PIXMA TR4720 not scanning problem. However, you can fix the trouble by removing all the jammed paper under the scanner glass.
- Sometimes, canceling all the documents you have sent to your printer can help you tackle the scanning issues. To do this, navigate to the Devices and Printers section again and choose the See what’s printing option. Then, click the Printer menu. From the displayed menu, select the Cancel All Documents option.
- Every printer problem can be solved with a power cycle. To power cycle your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cord from its Power port and the electrical outlet. Wait for the next 60 seconds. Then, reconnect the power cord to the appropriate ports and turn on your printer. You can try this solution for many printer problems.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you fix the printing and scanning issues on your Canon PIXMA TR4720 printer. In case you still cannot fix your printer problem, reach our technical experts for assistance in fixing it. For this purpose, we have included a call option on this page.