Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup
The Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup is a stylish and portable printer that enables superfast Wi-Fi photo printing. It is ideal for printing distinctive prints from compatible smart devices, cameras and more. Create best quality prints on the go using mobile printing solutions.
Canon Selphy CP1300 Specifications
The Canon Selphy CP1300 printer is the fast Wi-Fi photo printer and produces high-quality prints. It can print on glossy and semi-gloss papers. The main advantage is that you can directly print from cameras, memory cards, smartphones, and computers. The Canon Selply CP1300 printer is supported with Windows and Macintosh computers. Enjoy fast and smart printing using the Canon Print app, Mopria, and Apple AirPrint. Vibrant and superb-quality prints can be achieved in less than a minute. You can develop and share unique images quickly by using a wide range of options that includes photo-booth strips and ID prints.
How Setup Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer
To set up the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup for the first time, follow the guidelines given below.
- Open the package and remove the packing materials from the printer.
- Gently, remove the printer from the package and place it on a clean surface.
- You will notice a Get Started guide, compact power adapter, power cord, and paper cassette.
- Peel the packing stickers off the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- Now, open the ink access door on the right-side and install the ink cartridge into the printer.
- Close the ink access door and load the photo paper into the tray.
- Now install the paper input tray into the slot provided in the printer.
- Attach one terminal of the power cord to the power supply.
- Fix the other end of the power cord into the printer’s port.
- Tap the Power button and turn on the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- Download the drivers for the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer from the link given on this site.
Driver Download for Canon Selphy CP1300
To download the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer drivers, follow the setup instructions given below.
- Power on the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup by pressing the Power button.
- Click the link given on this site to download the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer driver.
- Wait until the driver download is complete and go to the Downloads folder.
- The driver file will be named as cp1300-100-101.exe.
- Perform the instructions that appear on the screen to install the printer driver.
- If the connection type screen is displayed, choose the connection type and click OK.
- Complete the installation and try printing a sample page.
How to Connect Canon Selphy CP1300 to Wi-Fi
- Tap the Power button to turn on the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Wi-Fi Settings icon.
- Press the OK button and on the Wi-Fi Settings and then press the OK button.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network option, and the printer will start to search the available networks.
- Choose your network name and enter the Wi-Fi password.
- On your computer, go to the Printers and Scanners menu.
- Click Add Device and add your Canon Selphy CP1300 printer to the list of devices. Select OK and make the necessary changes.
- Set your Canon Selphy CP1300 printer as the default printer.
- Now, you can print photos from your computer.
Canon Selphy CP1300 Ink
Use the ink cassette which is compatible with the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup.
- Check the ink cassette size before you install it.
- Make sure that the ink cassette size matches the size of the paper you use.
- Open the ink cassette compartment cover.
- Insert the cartridge into the printer in the direction of the arrow.
- Close the ink cassette compartment cover to avoid getting dust on the sheet.
- Do not reuse the ink cassette and load the paper cassette.
- First, open the outer cover and load the photo paper.
- Try printing a sample photo to ensure that the ink cartridge is installed correctly.
How to Print on Canon Selphy CP1300
- Connect the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Insert photo papers into the paper input tray.
- Confirm that the printer is turned on and connected to the access point.
- Choose Wi-Fi Settings, and then tap the OK button.
- Choose the Connection Method and then select the OK button.
- Select the option Via Wi-Fi Network and then press OK.
- Choose the WPS Connection and then tap the OK button.
- Click on the PBC method and press OK.
- Establish the connection between the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup and computer.
- Open any photo on your computer and click the Print option.
- Changes the print settings and click OK. The Canon Selphy CP1300 printer will help you start printing the selected photos.
How to Print Photos Directly from a Camera on Selphy CP1300
- To print from camera, connect the printer and computer to a Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Power button to switch on the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- On your Canon Selphy CP1300 printer’s control panel, tap the Wireless button.
- Choose the connection method and tap the OK button.
- Select the Direct Connection option and press the OK button.
- On the camera’s Wi-Fi menu, choose the SSID shown on the SELPHY printer and type the password.
- Use the camera to select the photos that you want to print and click Print.
- Do not disconnect the devices until the printing process is completed.
- Now, collect the printed photos from the printer’s output tray.
Canon Selphy CP1300 Mobile Printing Solutions
The mobile printing solutions enable us to print from any device irrespective of place. The Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup supports the latest mobile printing solutions such as Selphy/Inkjet app, Mopria print, Airprint, and cloud print services. Connect the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer and the device to the same Wi-Fi network.
Canon Selphy/Inkjet CP1300 App
- Press the Power button and power on the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- Download and install the Canon Selphy app from the app store.
- The Canon Selphy/Inkjet app is available for both Android and Mac OS devices. Connect your smartphone to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, open the Canon Selphy/Inkjet app from your device.
- Add your printer name on the Selphy app and click OK.
- Open the image that you wish to print and click Print.
- Make the necessary print settings and click the Print option.
- The printer will start to print the selected documents.
- Collect the printed photos from the printer’s output tray.
Mopria Print Service
- You can print from Android smartphones using the Mopria Print Service.
- Load papers into the paper input tray.
- Download and install the Mopria Print Service.
- Open the printing menu and choose the image to print in an app on your smartphone.
- Choose your Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup in the printer menu.
- Specify the number of copies, layout, paper size, and other print settings.
- Tap OK and select Print.
- The Canon Selphy CP1300 will start to print the selected documents.
How to Print using Airprint Feature on Canon Selphy CP1300
To print from Mac OS devices, use the AirPrint feature. Follow the set of guidelines given below to print using the AirPrint feature on the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- Power on the Canon Selphy CP1300 by pressing the Power button.
- Connect the Canon Selphy CP1300 to a wireless network.
- Link your Mac device to the same Wi-Fi network in which you have connected the printer. On your device, open the image that you want to print.
- Choose the appropriate options such as the number of copies, paper size, and other settings.
- Select your Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup from the printer’s list.
- Click Print and the selected images will be printed on your computer.
Canon Selphy CP1300 Troubleshooting
Canon Selphy CP1300 is a print-only printer and if at all you face a problem with printing, perform the general troubleshooting methods to fix printer problems. You can always check the printer’s connectivity to solve the common issues occurring on your Canon Printer.
Cannot Print on Canon Selphy CP1300
- Ensure that the power cord is secured correctly at both ends.
- Check whether the paper and ink cassettes are installed correctly.
- Now, power on the printer and try printing a sample page.
- If the error prevails, replace the ink cassette and refill the paper cassette.
- Ensure that you are using the recommended papers in the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup.
- Establish a connection between your printer and computer.
- Try printing a sample page to ensure that the error is resolved.
Canon Selphy CP1300 – Not able to Print from a Camera
- Check whether your camera supports PictBridge.
- When you are printing through USB, ensure that the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer is connected to the camera directly.
- Ensure that your camera batteries have enough charge left.
- If you notice that the batteries are depleted, replace them with fully charged ones.
- Remove any USB or memory cards connected to the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer. Now, try printing from your camera.
Poor Quality while Printing from Canon Selphy CP1300
- To improve the print quality of the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer, make sure that you use the ink sheet and papers that are free from dirt or dust.
- Power off the printer before you clean the printer’s interior.
- Clean the printer using a lint-free cloth.
- Do not apply too much force while cleaning the interior of the device.
- Confirm that the Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer Setup printer is away from electromagnetic waves.
- Do not load multiple papers into the paper input tray.
- Ensure that the power cord is fixed securely at both the terminals.