How To Setup Canon Mx860 Wireless Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 is a multifunctional wireless printer that is developed for home and small office workgroups. Have you recently purchased this printer and looking out to set it up for the first time? No worries, it is easy to complete your printer setup and installation. To do so, just follow the below instructions on How To Setup Canon Mx860 Wireless Printer.
Canon Mx860 Unbox And Setup
- Canon PIXMA MX860 printer
- User Guide
- Other Documentation
- Ink Tanks (Black, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta)
- Power Cord
- Telephone Line Cable
- USB Cable
Unpacking The Printer
- Open the box and remove the power cord and the ink tanks from the package.
- Next, remove all the remaining contents inside the box.
- Gently lift the printer from the package.
- Discard the foam packing materials and uncover the printer from the plastic cover.
- Remove all the protective tapes around the printer.
- Now, open the paper output tray.
- Lift the scanner unit and discard all the packing materials inside the printer.
- Close the scanner unit.
Connecting The Power Cord
- Plug the power cord into the rear port of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Select your language on the printer control panel and press OK.
Install The Printhead
- Open the paper output tray and lift the scanner unit.
- Raise the printhead locking lever.
- Uncover the printhead from the package and remove the protectivecap
- Slowly insert the printhead into the respective slot.
- Close the printhead lever.
Install The Ink Tanks
- Make sure to open the scanner unit.
- Unpack one of the ink tanks from the package and discard the protective cap.
- Now, insert the ink tank into the printhead.
- Follow these instructions to insert the remaining ink tanks into the printer.
- Gently close the scanner unit and press OK on the printer screen.
Canon Mx860 Load Paper
- Pull out the paper cassette from your printer.
- Slide the paper width guide to the outermost position and insert some sheets into the cassette.
- Now, adjust the paper width guide to the edges of the stack.
- Insert the paper cassette into the printer
- Open the paper output tray.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts on your printer’s control panel and complete the printhead alignment process.
Canon Mx860 Software Setup
- If you have the driver installation CD that comes with your printer package, insert it into your computer’s CD-ROM drive and start the installation.
- If you don’t have the driver installation CD, open the default browser on your computer and visit the official support page of your printer.
- Type your printer model name in the search bar at the top of the page.
- Otherwise, browse your printer model name by selecting the Printers section below the Browse by Product Type category on the support page.
- Select your device name from the list.
- Now, choose your printer’s model number from the list.
- In the next window, click the Drivers & Downloads menu from the list.
- Below the Drivers & Downloads section, choose your Operating System and its version from the drop-down list and select your language.
- Now, click on the Select button straight to the Driver file.
- Click on the Download button under the selected driver file.
- The driver will start downloading on your computer
You can complete your printer’s unboxing and software setup by following the above instructions.
In case you have any other issues on How To Setup Canon Mx860 Wireless Printer, just contact our technical experts using the Connect button.