How to Setup Canon Printer on iPad?
Looking to set up your Canon printer on an iPad device? Then, read this article completely. We have covered all the possible ways that can help you set up your Canon printer on your iPad device.
Two Simple Methods: Canon Printer iPad Setup
Setting up the printer on an iPad is pretty easy and quite similar to configuring the printer on iPhone. You can perform the setup:
- Using the “Apple AirPrint” feature
- Using the Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY app
If your Canon printer support’s the Apple AirPrint feature, you can use this method to perform the setup process. Similarly, if you’re using the wireless printer, you can use the Canon Print app for the setup.
Read this page completely to learn how to set up the Canon printer on iPad in detail.
Canon Printer – Preparing The Devices
Even if the printer setup is straightforward, you need to prepare the devices before beginning the process to avoid unwanted problems or errors.
- Switch on your Canon printer if it is turned off.
- Now, connect your printer and the iPad device to the same network using the Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct Connection method.
- Most printers with and without the touchscreen control panel support the Wi-Fi connection method.
- If you’re using the Canon G2000 series printer, follow the instructions below to connect the machine to a wireless network.
- Open the Settings screen on your printer.
- Choose Device Settings > LAN > Wireless LAN. Call Us
- Connect your G2000 printer to the Wi-Fi network by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- You can also use the Wi-Fi (Wireless) Direct connection method if your Canon printer supports it.
- For example, we have shown you how to connect the Canon MG3000 series wirelessly with the Wi-Fi Direct connection method in this section.
- Initially, enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer. To do so, press the Wi-Fi button repeatedly.
- When the light beside Direct starts flashing, stop pressing the button.
- Press the Black or Color button on your printer’s control panel to finish the wireless setup.
For Canon Printer Wi-fi Setup
- Enable the Wi-Fi feature on your iPad.
- Connect the device to the same network to which you have connected the printer.
For Canon Printer Wi-fi Direct
- Turn on the Wi-Fi option on your iPad.
- Open the Wi-Fi Settings screen.
- Tap on your Canon printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name
- Type the password in the given field to connect your iPad device to the printer’s network.
We hope that you have connected your Canon printer and the iPad to the same network. By connecting the devices (printer and iPad) to the same network, you have completed 50% of the setup process.
Now, let’s see the remaining part of the printer setup.
Setting Up The Canon Printer On The Ipad
Canon Printer – Using “apple Airprint”
This method is applicable only for the Apple AirPrint-enabled Canon printer models.
- Open the page, document, or photo you want to print on your iPad device.
- Locate the Share icon on the opened app or page screen and tap on it.
- Now, a list of options will pop up on the screen.
- Touch the Print option.
- Now, the Printer Options screen will open.
- Choose your Canon printer if necessary.
- Set the print settings, such as the number of printouts, range, etc., as per your needs.
- Finally, tap the Print option to print the selected page, document, or photo.
Using The Canon Print Inkjet/selphy App
- Install this Canon printer app from the Apple App Store on your device.
- Open the app and perform the on-screen instructions to set up the Canon printer on your iPad device.
- After completing the setup, print a test document or photo to check the printer setup result.
This is how you can install or set up your Canon printer on your iPad. Feel free to contact our technical expert team if you need real-time assistance in setting up your Canon printer on an iPad or any other device. For this purpose, you can use the call option provided on this page.