How to Setup Canon Wireless Printer Mx492
Setting up or configuring a printer over a wireless network enables you to access the machine from anywhere within the network range. The Wi-Fi setup process is also pretty easy to perform. However, the process might vary a little bit based on the printer model you’re using.Do you want to know how to wirelessly set up the Canon MX492 printer with the Windows OS-based computer? Then, read this article completely.
Before connecting the printer to a device or wireless network, it is important to confirm that the printer’s initial setup is completed. Why? Sometimes, an incomplete initial setup can also lead to issues with the Wi-Fi setup process.
Go through the simple instructions below to complete your Canon printer’s initial setup if you haven’t done it yet.
- Unpack and switch on your printer.
- Install the FINE ink cartridges that were shipped along with the printer into their slots.
- Load the recommended paper type into the cassette.
- Perform the other initial settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Canon Mx492 Wi-fi Setup – 2 Simple Steps
You can set up your Canon MX492 wireless printer over the Wi-Fi network in two simple steps.
- Step 1: Connect the printer to Wi-Fi
- Step 2: Install the printer software
Connecting The Canon Mx492 Printer To Wi-fi
- Switch on your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer and the wireless router if they are turned off.
- Gather the credentials of your network if you have no idea about them.
- Now, check your printer’s LCD status.
- If the LCD is blank, locate the Copy button on the operation panel and press it.
- Once the display shows “Copy,” the printer is ready for the Wi-Fi setup.
- Now, press the Setup button on the operation panel to begin the Wi-Fi setup.
- Choose the Wireless LAN setup option using the arrow buttons on the Setup menu screen. Click To Call
- Now, your printer will search for the wireless networks that are available within its range.
- When the screen displays the prompting message “press the WPS button on your router,” press the Stop button on your printer’s operation panel if the router doesn’t have the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button.
- If the router (that you’re using) has a WPS button, press it to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, if you have pressed the Stop button, the Wireless LAN Setup screen will open again.
- Choose the Other setup option followed by Cableless setup using the arrow buttons on the printer’s operation panel.
- Connect your Canon MX492 printer to a wireless network by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Installing The Canon MX492 Printer Software
- Connect your Windows computer (on which you wish to install the printer) to the same wireless network to which you have connected the printer.
- Now, download and run the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer driver on your computer.
- When prompted, choose the Wireless LAN Connection option.
- Install the printer software to complete the wireless printer setup.