How to Setup Wifi Printer Canon Mp495
Canon PIXMA MP495 is an All-in-One inkjet printer. It produces high-quality professional documents. This robust printer has a built-in wireless feature that can assist you in printing and scanning wirelessly from any device. If you have recently purchased this printer and are planning to set it up for the first time, just carry out the below instructions to complete the setup.
Unboxing And Setup
Contents Inside The Box
- Canon PIXMA MP495 printer
- User Guide
- Software CD-ROM
- Other Documentation
- Ink Cartridges (Black and Color)
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
Unpacking The Printer
- Place the printer box on a flat and stable surface. Open the box and remove the user guide and other documentation from the package.
- Use both your hands to gently lift the printer from its box.
- Discard the foam packing materials and uncover the printer from the plastic cover.
- Open the paper output tray and remove the cardboard box containing the ink cartridges, power cord, software CD-ROM, etc.
- Next, remove all the protective tapes around the printer.
- It is now time to open the printer’s scanner unit. So, do it now and then discard the protective tapes inside the printer.
- You can now close the scanner unit.
Connecting The Power Cord
- Plug the power cord into the rear section of the printer and the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Hit the Power button to turn on the printer.
Installing The Ink Cartridge
- Open the scanner unit and wait until the cartridge holder moves to the installation position.
- Open the ink cartridge locking cover.
- Now, unpack one of the ink cartridges from the package.
- Remove the protective tape from the cartridge, if any.
- Next, insert the ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Make sure that the cartridge is installed correctly in its place.
- Follow these instructions to insert the remaining cartridge into its slot on the printer.
- Now, close the ink cartridge locking cover and the scanner unit.
Loading The Paper
- Lift the paper support on your printer.
- Open the output paper tray.
- Next, adjust the paper width guide as far as possible and insert the sheets into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper width guide to the edges of the stack.
- Do not load the paper above the maximum limit.
- If you have the software installation CD that comes with your printer package, insert it into your computer’s CD-ROM drive. This action will begin the installation process.
- Just execute the on-screen prompts to complete the software installation on your computer.
- In case you don’t have the driver CD, visit your printer’s official support page. From there, you can quickly download and install the driver for your printer on the computer.
- Here, type your printer name in the search bar at the top of the page, or you can browse the printer model name by selecting the Printers section from the Product Type.
- In the window that opens up next, choose your device name from the menu list.
- Now, select your printer’s model number.
- In the next window, click on the Drivers & Downloads menu from the list.
- Now, focus on the Drivers & Downloads category. Here, choose your operating system along with its version from the drop-down menus.
- It is time to pick your language. So, do it now.
- Next, navigate to your printer’s software file and click on the Select button placed straight to it.
- Click on the Download button that’s located below the chosen software file.
- Now, the printer software will start to download on your computer.
You can complete your Canon PIXMA MP495 printer’s unboxing and software setup by executing the above procedures.
In case you have any other issues, just contact our technical experts using the call option provided on this page.Contact Us