Why won’t my Canon printer connect to my computer?
Why won’t my Canon printer connect to my Computer? – There are many reasons behind your Canon printer not connecting to your computer. If your printer won’t connect to the computer, you cannot print documents or files from the computer. To solve this issue, follow this page to connect the Canon printer to the computer.
Basic Printer Check-Up
- If your Canon printer can’t connect to the computer, press the Power button to turn OFF the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the printer and wait for a few minutes.
- Also, remove all the other cables from the printer.
- Now, reconnect one end of the power cord to the Canon printer and the other end to the electrical socket.
- Press the Power button to turn ON the printer.
- Check if any error message is displayed on the printer. If there is any such message, first try to fix the error.
Check The Network Setup
- Make sure that the printer is turned ON.
- Turn OFF the router and check the Ethernet cable; if the cable is damaged, remove and connect the new Ethernet cable to the router.
- Turn ON the printer and check whether the router is connected to an active network.
- Place the Canon printer near the router.
- On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi button to connect the printer to the router or go to Wireless LAN settings to connect the printer wirelessly.
- Connect the computer to the same network.
- Uninstall the old driver from the computer.
- Make sure that the Canon printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Download the latest driver from the official Canon website.
- Run the setup file to install the latest driver on the computer.
- If you still face the same issue, try another method that is explained below.
- Click the Start icon on your Windows computer.
- Select Settings.
- In the Settings window, locate and click Devices.
- From the left of the Devices window, select Printers & Scanners.
- Locate and select your Canon printer from the Printers & Scanners menu.
- After selecting the printer, click Open queue.
- Now, a new window will appear. Here, click the Printer tab.
- Under the Printer tab, untick the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printer options.
- To set the Canon printer as the default printer, click the Printer tab again and click Set As Default Printer.
- Your printer will return to the online state. So, you can connect the printer to your computer.
Finally, the Canon printer and the computer are successfully connected. If still you have any queries regarding Why won’t my Canon printer connect to my computer, call us.